Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Our Constant Concern

So tonite M is having a little dinner party thing, for some residents and new applicants to her program. I think about 7 or 8 people will show up. We cleaned the apartment and bought some things, and will be ordering out for the rest. I will most likely be skipping it, as hours of medical only type talk do not sound appealing. Plus, there's not really room in our apartment for me. Hopefully I'll hide in someone else's apartment and then get leftovers; that's the best I can hope for.

But tomorrow is day worth singing about! Tomorrow we're going to see Mates of State play somewhere on the northwesty side of the city. It'll be my 8th time seeing them, which is by far the most I've seen any band (second place: white stripes, 5 times). The best part is that all 8 times will have been in front of relatively small crowds in small venues, which is always always always the best situation. Most people with questionable musical taste make a point of only liking famous bands, and any concerts are held in arenas with a 35 dollar price tag. Suckahs. The Mates are a great live band (2 persons, keyboard/drums, wife/husband), and one of the few which have me singing (!) loudly and dancing like a fool near the front of the stage. I know them so well that I also feel like a stalker.

Nate convinced me to sign up on friendster. I haven't figured out the point of it yet.

The onion is dead-on this week.

On blogging: I think my blog is rather boring most of the time, since most posts are written due to boredom. When i started I planned on keeping it more abstract, just mini-rants about certain things, but it turned rather quickly into a mindless summary of my non-activities, without ever really getting too personal. This is probably because many readers are people who know me, and I try to stop just inches short of embarrassing myself. I actually used to have a different blog, from May 2003 to the beginning of this year, in which I was completely anonymous and wrote extremely personal things. This 'openness' did seem to attract the ladies, most of which were about 17 years old, but did actually lead to one 3 am hookup and one instance of poor cellphone reception-addled phone sex. Ain't technology grand? But given this opportunity to invent a new persona, I inevitably fail, and resort to a version, though somewhat edited, of myself. Much less stuttering this way, however.

As you know, this blog is read by nearly 1500 people a day, in 53 different countries across 17 timezones. Every day I receive dozens of questions and comments, most of which ask me to sort out some very personal problems of a reader. Of course I do not have time to personally response to each of these questions directly, so here's a bunch of confidential responses to your questions:

"Club soda and lemon will most likely get that stain out."
"The .44 Magnum, while providing considerable stopping power, is too unwieldy for your purposes."
"I would say at least 36 condoms and no less than 8 gallons of gatorade."
"I think you have to ask yourself, 'Am I really going to do any better with this ugly face, even without the bruises?'."
"http://www.cic.gc.ca/"
"Green Bay over Minnesota."
"Try to use the White House's powerful legal team to stop Satan from claiming your soul at the end of your term."
"Use a small amount of mousse, then blow dry."

No comments: