Monday, November 08, 2004

He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds

Today is one of those 'worthless days,' spent in permanent hesitation mode. Like when you're in bed looking at the alarm clock saying: "Man, OK, if I get up right now I'll still have 30 minutes to get ready for work" and then waiting a couple more minutes. I used to have days like that all the time during college, in fact, most days were like that some semesters, and I would end up missing all classes and doing nothing. Today wasn't quite that bad, I did go to the grocery store and clean up the apartment a little, but mostly was a waste. I'm seriously disappointed that I've gotten no contact regarding jobs today, I was pretty optimistic about some of the things I applied for last week.

So, for some reason on my computer now my blog looks different, the font size seems way bigger. The same thing has happened on my yahoo home page. I'm sure this is just my computer being weird since new dsl stuff was installed last week, but it's kind of annoying. My blog now looks (to me) like it's designed for ages 4-8, when everyone knows it's only for ages 21+, and can't be read by anyone living in southern states, due to its hardcore content.

I keep hearing all these reports of election fraud (mostly minority disenfranchisement). I'm not sure how credible these are, or if they are not simply created by lefty grief, but all these stories are bothering me a lot, especially now how the bush team is claiming they rule the country and now can do anything they want.

So last weekend was low key, dinner on friday with hospital people, shopping, football, and foosball saturday night (I dominated), and a trip to the north side for more shopping (I found possibly the best record store ever) and mindless walking. Maybe that laziness has contributed to my current state. M will be home soon but she's having dinner with some other hospital person, leaving me to subsist on ice cream and gin. And now it's not even 5 pm and dark already. My goodness.

We did end up buying new bedroom furniture, or additional bedroom furniture anyway. This isn't exactly something I'm apt to get excited about, unlike my domestic partner, so I can't really comment further. Except hooray for not having all my boxers in a pile on the closet floor.

3 comments:

MC said...

Hey Nick, if you're using Internet Explorer, go to the View menu and look for an option called "Text Size." Make sure it's set to Medium or smaller - that might fix your "My website looks like a book for a 2 year old" problem. I don't know how it gets changed, but I've had it happen to me before, too.

N. said...

Yeah, thanks, you were totally right.

MC said...

Wahoo! Now, if only I could get my wife to say that once in a while. ;)