Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Choose your own adventure

I wish I could go to a polling place and vote this morning, but since I absenteed nearly three weeks ago I can’t. My building is actually a polling place, I haven’t been downstairs yet to see it. It’ll be a while before anything really comes into focus, but I know that I’d be a whole lot less worried if I was more confident in the validity of the electoral process. If I knew every vote was counted, and that everyone who wanted to vote, could, I’d be a lot better. But nothing more I can do now, I guess. I’ve talked to everyone that I can. So if anyone’s reading and there’s still time, go vote. For John Kerry. There’s nothing good on TV tonight anyway.

So last weekend didn’t go as smoothly as expected, we did go to Milwaukee but didn’t go to either of the Halloween parties; M has been having a rough go of it lately, she managed to get her schedule changed so she doesn’t have to be on call the rest of the month, which is good. Last night was nice though, we grocery shopped and assembled our new TV stand, so the living room and the ‘study’ (the place in the living room with the bookshelves) look nearly complete. We may look for bedroom furniture on Thursday.

Getting DSL by tomorrow if I don’t have it already, today I’ll set everything up on my computer and see what happens. Nothing much else new, I was sick yesterday. More later.

No comments: