Saturday, July 31, 2004

drive-in saturday

Whirlwind of packing seems to have stalled. I did do a lot, packed all of my clothes, books, CDs, DVDs, computer stuff and random cords, got some stuff together for my parents to take with them, threw away another 5 garbage bags of junk and an old lamp. There's not too much more I can do before I actually get inside the new place and see what I have room for. Also today I walked to the library and saw "Saved!" at the cheap theatre, which was really good actually, better than my expectations. Probably the only movie featuring Mandy Moore that I'll ever see with a clear conscience.

Tonight one of the annoying bitch-girl roommates is gone for the weekend, and the other is having 4 friends over from out of town. They left to go eat or something a while ago, but I'm sure they'll be back to take over the apartment and annoy me to no end. So with my dinner I stole one of the beers they had brought. Ha! Advantage, yours truly.

In addition to said beer, I also had made myself a bloody mary, and judging by the way I feel at present, must have added a smidge too much vodka.

So, I should probably pack some more crap, but I'm also tempted to make myself another drink, and further tempted to collapse on my bed and do nothing til morning. Tomorrow I'll load up the car and go see my new house.

Oh, as of yesterday I'm officially not applying for the new underwriting position at work. My address will probably change, once again, in three months.

No comments: