Friday, July 30, 2004

boring personal post

So this weekend I have to pack, then Sunday I write a giant check and get my key to my new place, then next week I'll move myself piece by piece, and then next Friday I'll send my remaining furniture and whatnot home to my parents' house. I'm getting a new phone number and found out that I'm stuck paying for dsl until the middle of september, which is OK I guess. Also, I guess because I'm poor, I'm eligible for a credit which gives me free phone installation and cuts my bill nearly in half a month, so that's pretty cool. Last Sunday I got my paystubs from the parking ramp, and it turned out that they were paying my nearly a dollar and a half less than they're supposed to. Luckily, I'm getting it straightened out, with back pay. Stupid finances, what a pain.

This week has been quick, I watched way too much of the DNC (more on that later, I'm sure), hinted to a couple people at work that I may be leaving in a few months, skipped the Walkmen show last night without much regret, threw away five trash bags full of junk I don't want to move. In a week I'll be pretty much moved in, and then have to come back here to clean and act as 'Subleasee wranger' at the end of the lease. Some random dude apparently is staying here, in the (mostly) empty room, for the last week and a half of the lease, which is just stupid. Counting him, and the other dude who stayed here for like a week in june, there have been 9 people who've lived here in the two years of my lease. And all of them left crap and furniture behind, which is everywhere. No clue on what my security deposit is going to end up as, I'll probably get shafted, despite all the cleaning I plan on doing. I'm tired of being everyone's babysitter since I've lived here, I always have to tell everyone that a bill is due, or explain things and keep an eye on people. So i'm looking forward to renting my room and not having any responsibility, starting in two weeks.

So tonite I've decided that I'm going to skip packing in favor of doing nothing. Relaxing. Listen to some music. Maybe watch a dvd. Read some. Then tomorrow I'll be a nonstop whirlwind of packing fury.

No comments: