Monday, July 12, 2004

The 4 C's

Today I worked for eleven hours at the office, as usual the last one to leave. I got a lot done, save for an hour stretch between 430 and 530, when I took a long break and then sat back down and stared into space for awhile. Our network now is blocking outside email access, aka my yahoo account, so no more wasting time that way. Then I came home and made spaghetti and ate while watching Buffy the vampire slayer, and now its 9 pm already. Tired, had a great weekend with a sad goodbye. Saw spider-man 2 and liked it except for aunt may's overdrawn speech and the clunky climax and coda coda coda, though it might be cool for Daniel Desario to be the villain next time. Also, I know this is a comic book movie, but this happens in other movies and books as well: why does the female love interest always get engaged to some solid yet robotic gentleman devoid of any apparent personality, save for perhaps being a workaholic, when everyone is supposed to know that she is meant for the hero of the story, and even she realizes the connection between them? I guess I could see this happening in the Victorian age or something, but in real life does this ever happen? Except for on reality television, of course.

That reminds me, if anyone is secretly in love with me, they should probably tell me very soon. Or if anyone simply wants to talk some common sense into me, now's your chance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? dude, wtf, did you buy a ring or something?

N. said...

No sir. Not yet. Maybe soon, maybe not so soon. But even if I wanted to, I'm 300 dollars short. Huzzah!