Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A list of things I would buy right this minute if were rich, which, unfortunately, I never will be

1. A New Car. Even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't spend too much on this. Just something that runs well, looks good. I don't need a BMW or Mercedes.

2. A New Stereo. My last stereo was purchased in 1996, and while its 60-CD changer has served me well over the years, the tape player is broken and the sound quality could be updated. A nice surround-sound receiver I could hook up to my tv/dvd player, and a simple CD changer. or a dvd/cd changer combo maybe.

3. A fully-stocked bar. This isn't terribly important, and I rarely drink anymore (compared to a year ago, when I would drink lighter fluid if you put an toothpick-speared olive in it), but I grow tired of having only a half-full (plastic) bottle of cheap vodka in my 'liquor cabinet'. In my new house I found a mostly full bottle of vermouth, so that means I can make screwdrivers and vodka martinis, which are both kinda bad. I should at least buy some gin.

4. A new TV. see #2, my TV was a high school graduation gift, and its 20" screen can't do justice to a 2.35/1 screen ratio on a dvd.

5. A new wardrobe. I get only a handfull of new clothes a year, and most things are looking pretty shabby. I remember annaul 'school shopping' with my mom when I was a kid; I'd have outgrown all of my old clothes, so would get a complete overall. Now I've stopped growing, and my mom no longer buys me anything. This means that I was more hip at 11 than I am at 25.

6. A new guitar. I still have a miniscule bit of hope that the reason I suck at playing guitar is because I have a really crappy guitar, instead of the obvious reason of me having no talent. Better throw in a new amp, just to eliminate all excuses.

7. Books, CDs, DVDs. I'm falling way behind. I just need a quick shopping spree at the exclusive company and barnes & noble. I could get a hundred of each.

8. Bye, Bye, student loans! I'll cover my girlfrend's as well, if i have the extra 180 grand.

Hmm.... none of these things are very creative, I know, but I'm just talking about the basics. This was kind of a waste of time. Stupid lists.

2 comments:

Queenie said...

I would buy someone to make me coffee whenever I said "make me coffee"

Q

N. said...

How much do you think that would cost you? I'd do it for 12 dollars an hour.