Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Let's Get to Work, People!

So at the moment most people in my area at work are at a meeting that I'm not important enough to attend, so I figure this is as good of time as any to update my happenings.  I'll save my comments as to why I don't trust John McCain for another time.
 
Friday I moved into my new house.  My parents hauled away most of my furniture, and I slept at the new house for the first time.  My room is OK, not too big but a large closet, lots of outlets, good windows.  I have free cable; my TV is set up on the upper shelf of the closet so I can watch it in bed.  Unfortunately, the rest of the house is not as nice.  There is a cat, who is leaving within the month, living there, and so lots of this smell like bad cat smells that probably shouldn't.  The bathroom is kinda junky, linoleum peeling back.  The kitchen and living room have lots of clutter, lots of things that don't really belong to anyone, so why would you put them away?  The garage is someplace I'll never visit, filled with old furniture where my parking spot should be, and an old car that's leaking oil that hasnt been driving for months.  There's another broken down car in the driveway, and I'm still not sure who's it is.  The basement is scary as well, so much junk furniture and stuff just thown down there; there's a bit of a path through the mess to the washer/dryer, the washer seems to leak out the bottom whenever i use it.  Great times.
 
Saturday morning I woke up and drove to milwaukee, just missing a major accident, for my girlfriend's graduation party.  I was astonishingly social.  I talked to relatives no one liked.  I talked to everyone else.  No one escaped my charm.  As the party wound down, I was incredibly exhausted for my efforts.  The rest of the night past in a blur of tv and sitting on a couch.  Her family has seemed to accept me, though her father still doesn't address me directly, if at all.  I slept in the guest room alone and the next day we went out for breakfast and saw "The Village", which you should avoid at all costs.  I haven't met a single person who's enjoyed it yet.  The first half is good.  Then I drove back here about 5 o'clock, and unpacked some more, hung with my new roommate a bit. 
 
Yesterday was working/packing, my phone is working and I set up a network of cords cords cords all around my room connecting my computer, phone, internet, etc.  Also bought some actually food, which I've heard is all the rage.  Tonight will be more of the same.  I don't get DSL back until next monday, but hopefully I can get my roommate's username/password to connect to the university server. 

No comments: