Thursday, August 05, 2004

do it!

I was supposed to finish the packing tonite, mainly dishes and stuff for my parents to take home, but I was too lazy to do it. I figure tomorrow when my dad and I are loading things my mom can pack that sort of thing. Whatever, I don't care. Yesterday I brought nearly the last of my stuff to my new house, only to find that my room was a mess due to painting and renovating going on, so i just had to stuff more things in the closet. It's going to be a major pain getting things straightened up, I have more stuff than I bargained for, and limited space. My one roommate seems cool, he's a DJ and is very anti-CD, which is kinda stupid. Another roommate is moving out in a week, and then we get someone else a few weeks later. Hopefully in a week from now everything will settle down a bit. I'll be without internet access from monday til thursday or so, so no updates likely unless I start posting from work, which is a possibility. Despite the fact that I keep getting more work dumped on me, I keep finding myself keeping up rather easily.

So tomorrow my parents will come, hopefully we'll get everything taken care of rather early, so i can have time to sort of get myself settled at the new place. Then saturday morning I'll wake up and drive (gulp!) to Milwaukee, for my girlfriend's slightly belated graduation party, at her parents house. So hurrah for having to look but not touch (as much as I'd like). I'll probably end up staying overnight, and then drive back sunday afternoon, and start really getting myself together. I'm not sure what that entails, exactly.

No comments: