Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Post about searing pain

Yowwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I was making skillet fajitas with some 'fake steak' strips and peppers and onions. The recipe I was using called for a dash of Tabasco sauce, so while sauteing the veggies I added it. Then, in slow motion, the Tabasco bottle slipped off the counter as I was trying to set it down, bounced a couple of times off my free hand in slow-motion, and then landed on the rug, where the bottom of the bottle neatly broke off, causing an entire bottle of hot sauce to spill on the rug, but mostly onto my right foot. I cursed and threw the rug on the back porch and wiped up the spill on the floor quickly, then wiped off some of the hot sauce off my foot before finishing cooking and eating. While eating I noticed my foot felt increasingly pained, like it was burnt. I FINISHED EATING and then went to the bathtub to rinse off my foot, probably about ten or 15 minutes after the initial spill.

It still hurts. A lot. I've rinsed it twice now, and put some lotion on, but it doesn't help. Tabasco suace isn't even supposed to be that hot. Oh fuck it hurts.

No comments: