Sunday, September 02, 2007

Post about Labor Day Weekend

First day of off work tomorrow since Friday of Nate-a-pol-ooza in July (maybe I'll devote a separate post to that), and I may be going mini-golfing. That will be the most exciting thing possible. First 48 hours of 3 day weekend have been spent at home, doing virtually nothing. Sure, I had the chance to meet friends out of town, but no car available. Boo. Sure, I asked other friends what they were up to, but most went of town themselves. Sure, I had plans to watch football and hang with someone yesterday, but of course they blew me off for no reason. Right at this second it is 9:42 on Sunday night, here is what I've done this weekend:

-Friday night got Thai takeout (Yellow Curry (medium spicy) with Tofu) and watched an episode of The Wire (more to be written about that show soon enough). I think later on I played a game of Madden 07 and watched Conan.

-Yesterday did some cleaning, watched the Badger football game, took an hour walk, played more Madden, watched The Big Sleep.

-Today I surfed the web, read my first issue of Playboy magazine cover to cover (more on that later for sure), did more cleaning, played more Madden, walked to Walgreens and Aldi's, made my world famous potato-chickpea curry (recipe to follow), watched the movie Brick with director's commentary, talked to parents on phone, wrote crazy blog posts. My finest accomplishment, however, is avoiding going to a wedding/reception, still ongoing, that would surely have been quite painful.

Throughout all this weekend's activity there has been sporadic but relatively constant drinking. Mostly beer, a couple rum and whiskey drinks. Not enough, apparently.

No comments: