Friday, September 10, 2004

Slipping toward the inevitable

Today I arrived to work at 6:44 am, just so I can leave early to head down to Chicago this afternoon, arriving right at the peak of rush hour traffic. I can't wait. The good news is, however, that this may be the last time I drive down there 'to visit.' It's only for a day and a half, as M. has to work sunday morning, but in a little over two weeks her vacation starts, which last for two whole weeks. She's coming here for a few days, will have to amuse herself when I go to work, but then we're taking a road trip to Louisville, KY on Sept. 30 - Oct. 3. Don't ask me why we are going there, she wanted somewhere we could drive to in a day, and I guess we'll just eat at Waffle House's and visit some caves or something. And the Maker's Mark distillery. Then she'll visit her parents for a few days, and come back to spend the last weekend with me. And, the way it looks like now, a mere two weeks after that I'll be changing zip codes, and, more gradually, every one of my personal habits.

No comments: