Thursday, September 16, 2004

Don't let our youth go to waste

Okay, sorry I ever doubted the packers on Monday. I still went 11-5 for the week, which was better than a lot of so called experts. I think anyone who's a paid 'expert' has to intentionally make a lot of questionable picks no matter what, just so they can try and pick upsets. All of the cbs sportsline people were no better than 9-7 for the week, and no one was better than 10-6 on espn. Surely all of these people spend more time researching these things than I do, it's their job. (Do you think that when these people get tired of researching football, they waste time by processing insurance applications?) But anyway, I'm still 3 games behind the week leader, who got incredibly lucky.

The rest of this week will go as follows: today work til nearly 7, go home eat, sleep, tomorrow work til 430, go home eat, work at ramp from 630-1030, go home sleep. Saturday wake up, eat, waste a few hours watching college football, go to work from 5 til midnite, sleep. Sunday football football football, and then Fiery Furnaces concert late that night. Which will leave me tired for Monday. Awesome.

Yesterday our man J.F. Kerry was in madison, the guy who sits in the cube across from me took 4 hours off of work to go see him. I didn't know about it until yesterday, but doubt I would've went anyway. Despite recent polls I remain optimistic, I think even with the lack of coverage from the media, the more people learn about the issues and the candidates, the better chance Kerry has. Even people who are Republicans should be alarmed with Bush and his extremist policies. My cynical side fears that Karl Rove has Osama bin Laden tied up in his basement, and our troops will miraculously find him in the hands of Iraqi insurgents in late October.

Big ups to Andy and Mandy in the MPLS, who I will hereby refer to as the collective entity 'M/Andy', for finally getting engaged, and a bonus for including me in the wedding party. Wedding's in a year, and will undoubtedly be a great time. Interestingly enough, M. is slated to be the maid of honor for friends of hers at a wedding during the same month. I'm reeeeeeealy hoping the dates don't end up being the same, obviously, because I think a) both weddings will be fun, b) it'll be a rare chance for her to meet some of my friends that she hasn't, and c) I'll get to see her all dressed up and gorgeous twice, instead of zero times.

Oh, happy Rosh Hashanah if you know what it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer Am/And[a/rew]. Much more formal.

Unknown said...

Of course Bin Laden is stashed away somewhere in the pentagon, why else would they have stopped looking for him? It will be perfect timing come Oct/Nov. We were already beaten before we began, ffl. Dave and I talked about this(as I'm sure many people with a brain did) even before the war in Iraq. It will happen right during the debates, when Kerry finally gets to beat Bush at something. Maybe even the polls will even out again. Then, OBL will be paraded though Washington and "support our troops" sentiment will once again drown out critical thought. All is lost, admit your doom.