Monday, September 13, 2004

domesticate everybody c'mon

Another sleepy Monday, got talked into working at the ramp last night. So I got home from Chicago around 1, talked to my parents and made lunch and watched some precious football, and then to work at 5. Usually when I work Sunday I like to take it easy on Monday, go home early and get to bed, but tonight the Packers are playing so it's going to be a sleepy Tuesday as well.

For the second year in a row I'm in a football office pool. Not my own office, actually, but my cousin's in Appleton. My dad and I were invited to join last year, and we took 3rd and 4th place, respectively, out of 35. This year there are a few more entries, and I'm worried that with me losing DSL access in a matter of weeks, plus having a lot of other things on my mind, my results will suffer. This week, though, I'm doing OK, 11-4 before this evening (I've got the panthers). Usually when I'm picking I look at some 'expert' picks online, just to compare. Well, this week I'm beating all the experts at espn and everywhere else, even before tonight's game. I'm not at the top of my pool, but am ahead of my dad, cousin, and uncle. So that went ok. I know this is extremely exciting for everyone to hear.

So, remember, I told you I got a new roommate at the beginning of the month? Well, in the last eight days, I've seen him for a total of 3 seconds. Last week Sunday and then not again until yesterday, when he came out of his room in a bathrobe at 3 pm, and went out side to smoke one of his stupid small cigars with a plastic tip. I don't know if he seriously is addicted to those things or just thinks he's cool, but that's all I'm seeing him do. Sometimes I hear him coughing. Otherwise when I get home from work his door is closed and I don't know if he's home or not, but he must be around sometime after I go to sleep because I notice things moved in the bathroom. Speaking of, he doesn't have any shampoo near the shower, just a bar of soap, and I'm wondering if he's using mine. On Friday morning I took mine out of the bathtub and hid it in a cupboard, but there was still no shampoo there this morning. So is he not washing his hair, or does he have his own hidden source of shampoo? He's buying groceries and stuff, so there's no reason why he wouldn't have any. It bothers me more than it should.

But my roommate are OK, they don't create major problems, but I'm glad we are paying rent separately, and not paying utilities, because then I would be hounding them all the time. But now I don't have to worry, though things are still a little too disorganized and dirty, a little too collegiate for my tastes. Paul the DJ is ok, except when he spins he plays his records way too loud, even for me. Now, I like loud music, dislike simple background music, but Paul is in the living room, I'm across the house in my room with the door closed, and I can't have a conversation on the phone because things are too loud. That's too loud. And I'm not as impressed by his DJing skills as before. I mean, it does take talent to line up the beats and switch records and stuff, and sometimes he makes some cool scratches or something, but mostly he's just making a live mixtape. And, don't get me wrong, it probably would take me tons of practice to even be competent at mixing, and the records he plays are mostly decent, undie hip hop, but at the same time it's kinda the same thing over and over. And I don't see why it has to be so loud when he does it. It's not like guitar, when volume can change the sound.

So, anyway, what I'm saying is, I like my place OK, except that I like it best when no one else is around. I'm like that about most places I've lived I guess though. When I move I'm going to suddenly be the messy, irresponsible one, a role I haven't played in a very long time. Well, actually I am neater than M., but I usually don't have to be neat all the time. But we'll probably kill each other by Christmas.

No comments: