Thursday, September 23, 2004

...

My internet radio station is officially the greatest thing ever. You have to have a yahoo account to listen I think, but it's worth it. It's made the past few days of work go by fast, but I've had to fork over four dollars for the paid account, since you apparently only get 800 songs in a month, which I used up in four days somehow. But, anyway, I'm quite happy with it, all of my favorite bands plus some that I've wanted to hear more of. A big variety, and if anyone hears a song of questionable quality on it, I will pay them 5000 dollars and wash their car. Well, I'll tell my butler to wash your car anyway. I have a butler, his name is Jeeves, he's a bit uptight.

Sunday I saw the Fiery Furnaces play at a club, very unusual show. They played literally 45 minutes without stopping once, singer, guitarist/keyboards, bassist/keyboards, drummer, didn't play one song completely through, more like played a verse from one song and then a part of another, like a big medley, and everyone in the band constantly knew what was going on. It was fascinating and frustrating at the same time, but worth the 8 dollar cover for sure.

Tuesday I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with the prettier half of 'M/Andy', who was in town on business. I couldn't see her face that clearly, since I was blinded by the light reflecting off of her giant rock the whole time. We talked of insurance (of course!) and Andy's poor attempt at a romantic proposal (of course!), and drank a pitcher of wisconsin's own Spotted Cow, which is like liquid gold to anyone who leaves the state, on her company dime. The best time I've had all week for sure.

Otherwise, things aren't going too hot at the moment, Monica's mom is in the hospital since the beginning of the week, and it's majorly serious. I'll be going to Milwaukee tomorrow after work for the weekend. Next week's trip is definitely cancelled, everything else is up in the air for the moment. I barely slept all week, and don't quite know what to do with myself or how I can help anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

n- tell monica we're thinking of her and her mom.
(did u even know i read this?)

joanne :)