Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Nerd Alert!

I'm actually excited about the new Spider-Man movie. Read Ebert's review, or actually, only read the first 5 paragraphs, to avoid any spoilers here . The thing I'm most excited about is the mention of novelist Michael Chabon (pronounced shay-bun). I'm not exactly sure what he wrote that got put into the movie, but he's one of the greatest novelists of our time, and he loves comic books (his last novel concerned their origins, and he also wrote a rejected treatment of the first X-men movie). So his involvement got me excited enough, even more so that all the 4 star reviews I'm seeing. His last book, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, was amazing indeed, every sentence within was better than any sentence I've ever written. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for something good to read.

No comments: