Thursday, June 17, 2004

giddy-up

Yesterday i bought a CD for the first time in months. Two of them, actually, the new Streets and Sonic Youth. Last year, and the few years before that, I bought about 50-80 a year, a number which shrunk lots once i got dsl (shhhh!). It's weird that in the digital age you can know a lot about music, or movies or books or pop culture or whatever, without ever actually listening to music, or watching the movie, or reading anything that hasn't been html formatted. Pessimists and illiterates used to say that reading a novel was a escape from actually having a worthwhile life of one's own, and now it seems I can learn the same lessons and themes from that book by reading the extended blurb on the new york times website. Which leaves me more time for what exactly?

Things I'm on at the moment: David Sedaris, Freaks and Geeks on DVD, having my internal monologue be in a faux-cockney accent, my George Foreman Grill, being sober, and figuring out the next couple months of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

E-llo governah! Quite the bloomin blog ya've made theer. Yit, sometimes I wondah, do I really belong in this world? Who in this bloody world wants ta see my thoughts and idears? Cricky, seems like somethin ol fogger britches would bring ome to is mum!

Faux-cockney by Nate