Saturday, June 19, 2004

I'm Rick James, bitch!

I'm at work, job number 2, which means I'm getting paid. But I'm not actually doing anything. I have to be here til 1 pm, hopefully something interesting will happen in the meantime. I have a computer here, obviously, but the speakers don't work, so my pile of CDs I brought will not do my any good whatsoever. I'm extremely tired, which is strange, since I'm up this early every weekday anyway (and most weekends, lately), and went to sleep at a reasonable time.

I have two new roommates, just for the next two months. they are girls, they are 20 years old, their names are justine and amy. they are OK so far, I probably won't see them much. last night they went out and this morning they weren't home. I wonder what they were doing. Probably making out with each other.

I have a place to live for the fall now. It took me awhile to find something, since I really didn't know what I'd be doing in the next year or so. I was looking something for a short lease, til the end of the year. The place I ended up getting actually has a month-to-month lease, which is great, in case i want to split earlier or later. It's a vaguely grandmother-like house in a quiet residential neighborhood, a bit far away from work but it comes fully furnished. So i'll move in my clothes and a few things and I'll be set. I'll have some more kiddy roommates, but I'll be too busy to care. And I'm getting a free queen size bed, so I can just do somersaults on that all damn day.

Then what? Well, unless I get a big promotion in the next few months (which could happen, I suppose), I'll be saving up moneys, and then I'll sell my car and move to Chicago, and never see my hometown again.

So this afternoon I may go to a housewarming party, otherwise I plan to spend the night at home, drinking a bottle of wine. Drunken ramblings may ensue!

No comments: