Friday, June 18, 2004

mamets

Tonite watched 'Glengarry Glen Ross', finally, after about two years of wanting to rent it but forgetting. Great, the dialogue is fucking awesome. Do y'all know the character Gil from the Simpsons? The failed salesman type dude? Well, i'm sure that he was based on Jack Lemmon's character from this movie. Almost distracted me from the story at first. The screenplay was written by David Mamet, who also wrote the play it's based on. About a month ago I was all excited, me and my lady were going to go to this free performance of 'the water engine', another mamet play, which was at an opera house south of town. Then of course the day of the show I found out online that the play was going to be put on by all kids, age 9-14. A little disappointing. We didn't go.

Last Sunday, June 13 was special. Why? Because it's the last day off I'll have until July 3. Start working back at the old parking ramp on weekends, for extra cash and extra savings. Went in tonite to fill out paperwork, then got asked to work tomorrow morning. I'd already signed up for sunday, plus saturday and sunday of next week. So this week I worked 46 hours at my regular job, and now have 12.5 more for the weekend, and it'll be the same for next week. That weekend off over the fourth will be welcome, 3 days even, but I won't have much time to relax, since I'm standing up in my cousin's wedding. Interesting side note, my cousin just informed me that we won't be wearing dress shoes with our tuxes, but sandals. I'll do it, but I've decided I'm going to paint my toenails. Nothing gaudy... a nice silver to match the vest.

now I'm going to make a phone call and then try to sleep despite the band that's playing downstairs, and then go to work at 7 am on a saturday.

p.s. today my car is parking next to a flattened, dead rat. It's been in the parking lot for a few weeks.

No comments: