Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunlight at 6:30

My family visited this weekend, parents and sibling, came Saturday morning and stayed today until 3 or so. I acted as chef (cooked pork roast on saturday lunch), tour guide (walked a million miles around the neighborhood, downtown, and Chinatown), and benefactor (I paid for their hotel room, turning the parent/child relationship on its head). It was a little cold on saturday, but it was a good time overall, they got to see tall buildings, ride the train, and see me, and I got to get some frozen meat return to my freezer. I visit my parents a few times a year, and they've visited for afternoons in the past, but this time was different. Usually when I visit, we have warm hellos and then they do whatever it is that they normally do, and I get bored of watching TV and go to a friend's house. Or, if they visit me, warm hellos plus trip to some store to buy me a new shirt or something and then a meal and then that's it. So, this time it was all of them plus me and M, constantly on the move and hanging out. And, I'm not sure if it was because we were so busying hurrying to catch the next train or to get out of the cold, but I actually had a really good time, and sorry to have them leave.

I don't mean to get sentimental. I'm going to go eat Mom's chili and leftover Chinese food.

No comments: