Monday, April 18, 2005

All Things Considered

The best things in life are free (right click and 'save as'):

Spoon - "I Turn My Camera On" (Hooray for falsettos!)

Stephen Malkmus - "Baby C'mon"

Well, either all of my faint-hearted readers were too intimidated by my choice of email address, or none of them trust me enough to ask for advice (save for one jackassy G&T-swilling, beer-brat-munching Friend-For-Life). Oh, well, I guess I'll just keep all of my knowledge and wisdom stored in my giant ever-expanding brain.

I haven't posted in awhile, and I'm sure you are wondering what I've been up to. What crazy adventures does one undertake in this city of limitless possibility? Where, for instance, does a dashing playboy such as myself choose to spend a Friday night downtown?

The library, of course. The library downtown is the largest public one in the universe, but it was closed at the time. I was there to see a Sarah Vowell reading/Q&A, which was very entertaining despite its foul odor of genuine nerdiness and geekery. (Well, at least I wasn't home playing online computer games, ha ha ha, I keed, I keed). I've been obsessed with a number of smart, funny female writers (SFFWs, for the acronym lovers out there) lately, because, well, I've been known to get crushes by simply reading a single paragraph of prose. It should be noted that my M is, alas, not very funny at all, but she is rather smart and used to write a 'zine, (A blog for people who have ambition), in which she makes everything from drinking coffee to walking home from class sound vaguely erotic, so that's not too shabby.

Otherwise, work has been a drag, sunshine is wonderful but allergies are not, and if AD gets cancelled I'm never watching FOX again.

Tomorrow: Hamburgers with the SFFWs of Filterless!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like to state for the record that having a 'zine is way cooler than having a blog.

Unknown said...

man, this blog is boring. you suck, nick.

na.

N. said...

no, you suck, fucker. 4 posts in two months? give me a fucking break. You are now banned from this blog, that's what you get!