Thursday, March 03, 2005

And thirty-nine other ways to make the Baby Jesus cry.

Today I googled myself. I don't want to get into the 'why' or go into the obvious jokes and Freudian implications such an act might present, I was just bored. And, to my horror, the number one result was this webpage you are reading right this second. My name does not appear anywhere on this page, and that is my intention. But there are links to this page on at least two other people's pages that do contain my name; click on his name: there's his page. If i was hiring someone for a job, I know I'd google them first; maybe older people wouldn't think of it, but I know I would. Pre-interview. Post-Resume. Type in that name, and... "What have we here? He's lazy! He wants to be on VH1, not work here for the rest of his life! He possibly has a substance abuse problem! He's not a self-starter! He hates capitalism!" Well, actually, I would definately call them in for an interview after that, but then religiously check back to see what they wrote about it. I wonder if my supervisor is doing that.. right... now. Oh, even better would be if you were dating someone and found their blog. Someone's going to make a horrible movie about that someday. But I've googled people that I had crushes on, and I know of others who've done the same thing. So now apparently my life is almost literally an open book, for anyone who cares. Luckily for me, I'm pretty sure that no one does.

No comments: