Saturday, September 24, 2005

Caayble Guy!

I'm so pissed right now. Don't fuck with me, I will fucking kill you. I'm scowling so much that my forehead has disappeared. Since I started writing this sentence i'm on my third keyboard, the other two i've crushed to dust with my hands. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This morning, saturday morning, I set the alarm. I set it for 7:55 am. The reason I did this is because today is cable day. Cable people from the cable company would be coming between the hours of 8 and 10 am and giving me espn. Sweet cable, I haven't had you for years. I don't need you, I can live without you, but i'd be nice to see you again, maybe catch a bite to eat, catch up on lost time and relive old memories, the good times....

The cable guys (2) came at 8:45. They went to the top floor to flip the magic switch that would give me cable. I set up the TV, licked my lips, and stared at it, waiting for it to go from stupid CBS to the TV guide channel or some shit. 15 minutes later one dude came down. His job was say "no sir" into his walkie talkie when the other dude asked "how bout now" every 10 seconds. the other dude came back down and told him to get something from the truck. the other dude pulling wires out of the wall, and asked if i had any other cable jack. I showed him to the bedroom, where he began pulling wires out of that wall. The one dude came back and came into my bedroom. He asked 'is that your guitar?' I said yes. He asked 'do you mind?' I said 'uh' and he picked it up and started playing something that a) sounded like crap and B) was too complicated for me to play. Then he asked 'do you have a pick?' and the other dude said 'here's one' as he looked on my floor. I should have said 'if you get the cable to work I will let you plug in', but I was getting annoyed.

An hour later they left. I didn't have cable, but they gave it to everyone on the floor for free.

So, no watching the badgers beat michigan today. Oh well, i'm sure it wasn't that thrilling, i've seen the badgers beat michigan hundreds of times.

There are other events of today, particularly of this evening, which have made my mood sink even further. I'm too pissed to get into it today, but it involves: my favorite cousin who i haven't seen in 15 months, a ramada inn in burr ridge, IL, a ten year high school reunion of a complete stranger, a restaurant called 'max and erna's', the silent treatment, and the rest of that bottle of jack daniels.

2 comments:

JM said...

Heh. I shouldn't laugh at your pain, but then maybe you shouldn't describe it so amusingly.

MC said...

No worries about the Badger game, bud. Honestly, what could be that exciting about back and forth turnovers late in the fourth quarter, 50 yard flee-flickers to retake the lead with only minutes to play, and gutsy QB draws with Stocco running in the game winner with only seconds remaining on the clock? Nothing to see here, people. Move along.

Unfortunately, you missed Chris Berman and his thousand mutilations of the phrase "The Raiders!" throughout the course of the weekend. For that, I feel your pain.