Friday, September 01, 2006

Pattern Recognition


Kim Gordon* went from crazy fun-loving party kitten to recluse who refused to eat in a span of 48 hours since we brought her home. Turns out she had the flu, and we got some 'prescription' canned cat food from the vet. Now she seems back to normal, save for some sneezing, and has horrible canned cat food breath. Her interests include biting my hands, crashing into furniture, and jumping on my laptop. I haven't had a full, uninterrupted night's sleep since she arrived. And yes, there is cat hair all over the place. And yes, she likes to sleep directly between the two pillows on the bed. And no, she doesn't recognize my authority, and does whatever she wants. 7t=gy0iuuijk <---- SEE THAT??? That was the cat trying to lay on the keyboard. I put her on my lap and tried to resume typing, but she bit my forearm, so I put her on the floor. Five seconds later she jumps onto the file cabinet, hops over the printer, onto the desk, walks around the back of the computer, and now lays down on the mouse-pad, resting her head on my wrist. Am I supposed to find this sort of thing adorable? How am I supposed to do NaNoWriMo this year if I can't get five minutes of peace?

In other news, I haven't been up to anything. A couple wasted weekends, a couple good meals, a fantasy football draft, and not much else. This weekend M's sister is visiting starting tomorrow, not sure what kind of things I'll be doing. Next weekend I plan on seeing The Gossip on Saturday, otherwise not much to be excited about. Today we got out of work early, which was kind of joke anyway, since I did literally 10 minutes of work all day and took a 90 minute lunch for someone's birthday. The early departure meant we walked a block away to drink many beers and play 'bags' (a game which I had never heard of until I had moved to Chicago), winning 5 out of 6 games thanks to a talented partner.

There is something more important that I was going to write about, but I've forgotten for the moment. Look for something important soon, either here or in 'Hi-Cool' form.


* And yes, I know just a few weeks back I promised I wouldn't post pictures of my newly acquired cat and waste valuable time and space explaining how catlike the cat is acting. However, perhaps some of you like that sort of thing. I won't judge you if you do.

I think a hairball might be coming soon. I promise I won't post pictures.

2 comments:

jo-na said...

hey, if you're bored, we're grilling sunday afternoon. call us.

Laura M. Browning said...

Awww. Isn't she just the cutest gosh-darned lil thang! I love the symmetry of her dalmation markings. She could be Clarabelle's little sister.

And yes, you are supposed to find those kinds of things adorable. I mean, resting her head on your wrist? How horrible for you to be loved by Kim Gordon.