Thursday, December 16, 2004

A particle of dust

Yesterday around 9 am I got the hiccups. Ordinarily hiccups are no big deal, any ailment with a thousand cures can't be all that bad. Well, this time, none of them worked, and each hiccup felt like my diaphragm was going to fly out of my mouth, taking with it whatever was attached. I am also suffering from a cold, so I had to risk choking on lozenges. During lunch they went away for a bit, but came back. Also went away around 4 and then during dinner. But when I went to bed, they were still going strong. I was so tired that I simply fell asleep, and they were gone this morning. Weird. So that was the highlight of my day, aside from turning down a rare dinner invitation because I felt so ill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

smoking a joint a slamming a beer always does the trick for me man... :)