Friday, December 03, 2004

Cocktail Weenie

You know what would be a great gift for me? This. I'm just saying.

This week has gone too quickly for me, with no progress on the job front at all. But now it's the weekend, and I can finally relax. Thank God.

Tonight we are going to a Medical Resident type Holiday party, at some fancy place downtown. I'm a guest, as always, and haven't decided if it will be fun or not. I'm not sure how many people will be there exactly, but if it's going to be anything like the medical school parties i went to last year, the night will go something like this:
7:30 pm - arrive to party
7:31 - 8:15 - get introduced to a couple dozen people, make small talk ('i just moved here', 'still looking for a job,' ' well, my degree was in film but i last worked in insurance')
8:16 - 10:00 - Stop trying to be social and concentrate on frequenting the open bar. Sit next to M and daydream as others talk about boring hospital things i don't understand.
10:00 - 11:00 - Shout "How's it Goin'!!" to anyone I know, try unsuccessfully to make out with M, feel extremely tired and bored
11:00 pm - depart.

So we'll see how that goes. Over the past month i've become more introverted than ever, going from a relatively normal guy into a bug-eyed creature who shuns the light and hisses "My preciousssss" all the time.

No comments: