Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In 27 years, I've drank 50,000 beers

So the big top 100 list wasn't quite the big hit I envisioned. A modest success, maybe, but no 'punch in the face game' for sure. Oh well.

A couple weeks ago I saw SLGTM play at an ultra-hip bar. We went with a coworker of mine and his girlfriend. It was a solid show as always, sax player was replaced by second guitarist, heard some new songs plus a encore cover of 'Purple Rain' that was surprisingly good for being improvised.

Last week we saw Mates of State, time number 9 for me. Another good show and more new songs. Only problem was, and I feel incredibly old for complaining, that there were a few girls, I'm not sure how old (it was 18+, but I think they had drinks) who were next to us that were dancing with each other so excitedly that I would get bumped by someone's ass at least 90 times per song. Now, I'm not one to discourage ass-bumping, but there is a time and place for it. We weren't even up near the front of the room, more like the middle, and everyone around us was relatively sedate. At first I was glad that they were so excited, they obviously knew all the songs and were having the time of their lives. But then they bumped M. a few times, which instantly made her so angry that I thought I was going to be forced to break up a FITE! We changed positions a little, and I withstood most of their abuse with M stood with her sharp elbow pointed towards them. After a while I said something to one of them, but that didn't help at all. In fact, I may have been elbowed intentionally and hit with a purse. After the next song they calmed down, but they had done their damage. Thanks a lot, bitches!

I officially have cable. As of yesterday afternoon. Cable people visit #4 finally paid off. After two and a half weeks and about 800 calls to the cable company. Good news: they are waiving the installation charge. Isn't that nice? However, I can see this causing some domestic problems down the road with only one TV. My goal is to avoid watching TLC and the food network as much as possible, while getting M. to appreciate South Park. Pretty underwhelming stuff so far.

I last shaved 21 days ago. I woke up and thought, eh, so tired, for about three days in a row, and then it was on. Now some of my coworkers are starting a 'beard contest'. This is fine with me, except the contest is based on length of time not shaving, not quality of beard. Plus it just started yesterday, so my 'head-start' is worthless. I'm also worried by the fact that when three people (out of six) are left with beards, this turns into a moustache contest. That is going to be horrifying.

Hey, Arrested Development Season 2 is out on DVD! I hear it's a pretty decent show.

This weekend we're going to some hotel in the suburbs. The room is free, and fancy-nice, but the weekend might involve outlet malls. I am cautious.

Additions to iPod in last two days:

The Flaming Lips - 'Zaireeka' mixed down to single tracks; Clouds taste metallic; priest driven ambulance
V.A. - Growin' up too fast: the Girl-Group anthology
Common - 'Be'
Smoosh - 'She Like Electric'
The Ronettes - best of
De La Soul - '3 ft high and rising'
Big Star - 'Third/Sister Lovers'
Blackalicious - 'The Craft'
Handsome Boy Modeling School - 'White People'
The Kinks - various singles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our additions to our iPod in the last two days:
ABBA - Chiquitita (Spanish)
Athletic/02-A Good Man Is Easy To Kill
Beulah/The Coast Is Never Clear/06-Popular Mechanics For Lovers
Beulah/The Coast Is Never Clear/07-Gravity's Bringing Us Down
Bloodhound Gang- Nothing but Mammals
Camron - Hey Ma feat
DE DIJK - MAN OP DE RADIO
DE DIJK - SLECHTE GEWOONTES
Eighteenth Street Lounge - 11 - Cinnamon & Clove II - Balanc
Fat Boy Slim - Weapon Of Choice
FATBOY SLIM - WHERE YOU'RE AT
Flaming Lips - What is the Light
GETO BOYZ - LET A HOE BE A HOE
Groove Theory - 4 Sure
James Brown - pass the peas
Julie London - Fly Me To The Moon
Max-A-Million - Fat Boy
Monsieur Leroc - Hawaii Bikini Inspector
Montel Jordan - Get it on tonight
Outkast -Sorry Ms Jackson
Outkast-So Fresh, So Clean
Pavement - Conduit For Sale !
Phish - Junta (disc 1) - Fee
Sleater-Kinney - Lions and Tigers - One Beat lim edition sin
Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
Steven Malkmus- Pink India
Strawberry Alarm Clock - Sit With The Guru
Sun Palace - Rude Movements
Sunny Day Real Estate - Every Shining Time You Arrive
the moon & antartica/modest mouse - the stars are projectors
the moon & antartica/modest mouse - wild packs of family dogs
Underworld_cowgirl
Weird_al-amish_paradise
You're Not The 1